CG 14-10013 Make Tobacco History
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP) intends to fund one to four projects that will research, plan, develop, and disseminate innovative policy, regulation, and promising community norm change strategies, which can be replicated by others to create healthy sustainable communities which dissuade tobacco use. These innovative strategies are to take a population-based approach and will facilitate: reducing the number of persons beginning to use tobacco, continuing to use tobacco, or developing tobacco-related diseases.
The beneficiaries of activities funded by this RFA are persons and groups at high risk for tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure, and the local public health community of California which includes but is not limited to local health departments, cities, planning agencies, local government officials, local decision-makers, schools, voluntary health organizations, hospitals, professional organizations, and community based organizations working with persons and groups at high risk for tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure. In performing activities to benefit the local public health community, the purpose of those activities must be to assist the local public health community in the performance of their services to others. It may not be for the provision of services to the state itself nor may it be for the provision of services to organizations whose mission is not in alignment with the applicant’s.
The solicitation process is to identify an agency or agencies whose background, qualifications, and proposed project(s) best address(es) the goals detailed in the RFA.
1/30/14, 3:15 p.m. Information Webinar slide deck posted under Meetings/Trainings.
ALERT ! ALERT ! ALERT!
The Information Webinar for January 30, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. is cancelled due to technical problems. CTCP apologizes for the incovenience.
The Webinar has been rescheduled for January 30, 2014 at 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Please register for CTCP Making Tobacco History Informational Webinar at:
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the training.
It will be rescheduled for 1:30 p.m. today. Webinar logistical information will be
- CTCP - Request for Application (RFA), CG 14-10013 Make Tobacco History (PDF - 201.55 Kb)
- January 31, 2014: Addendum 1 Letter (PDF - 275.75 Kb)
- Addendum 1: 14-10013 Make Tobacco History RFA (PDF - 0.58 Mb)
- CG 14-10013 Make Tobacco History (PDF - 0.57 Mb)
- Appendix 1a - Sample Internal Revenue Service Letter (PDF - 16.72 Kb)
- Appendix 1b - Sample Secretary of State, Statement of Information (PDF - 0.87 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Mandatory Letter of Intent Revised (PDF - 56.65 Kb)
- Appendix 3 - TCFOR User Instructions (PDF - 0.84 Mb)
- Appendix 4 - Accessing the OTIS Training Course (PDF - 173.64 Kb)
- Appendix 5 - Computer Software Minimum Specifications (PDF - 98.23 Kb)
- Appendix 6 - Midwest Academy Strategy Chart (PDF - 388.99 Kb)
- Appendix 7 - Tell Your Story, Guidelines for Preparing A Complete, High Quality Evaluation Report (PDF - 0.86 Mb)
- Appendix 8 - Budget Justification Instructions Revised (PDF - 309.13 Kb)
- Appendix 9 - Summary Budget by SOW Categories Eliminated
- Appendix 10 - CTCP PL 12-01 ACM and BMM Guidelines (PDF - 0.52 Mb)
- Appendix 11 - Comparable State Civil Service Classifications (PDF - 12.08 Kb)
- Appendix 12 - CTCP PL 12-03 Allowed Policy Activities (PDF - 421.80 Kb)
- Appendix 13 - Travel Reimbursement Information Eliminated
- Appendix 13a - Meals and Incidental (In-State/Out of State Travel) (PDF - 351.26 Kb)
- Appendix 13b - Lodging Reimbursement - Short Term Travel (PDF - 36.20 Kb)
- Appendix 13c - Travel/Relocation Programs - 2014 Mileage Reimbursement Rate for Use of Personal Vehicle (PDF - 42.39 Kb)
- Appendix 14 - Certification of Non-acceptance of Tobacco Funds (PDF - 7.88 Kb)
- Appendix 15 - Sample SOW Implementation and Evaluation Plan (PDF - 0.62 Mb)
The California Department of Public Health intends to award grants to the following applicants for Request for Applications 14-10013, Make Tobacco History:
- American Lung Association in California, Center for Tobacco Policy and Organizing
- ChangeLab Solutions
- Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc., California Youth Advocacy Network