CTCP Solicitation 17-10041 California Tobacco Retail Environment Studies
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP) requests applications from experienced agencies to conduct five high-quality surveys related to the tobacco retail environment. This Solicitation seeks skilled research professionals to develop the survey design, oversee data collection training, conduct data analysis, and report findings for these surveys which are integral to CDPH/CTCP surveillance of tobacco marketing in California stores. The goal of the Solicitation is to identify the contractor most capable of executing the five surveys:
1. 2018 and 2020 California Tobacco Retail Surveillance Studies (CTRSS).
- Two waves of the statewide survey of tobacco marketing practices to track changes over time, monitor trends, and identify new marketing practices that may promote the uptake and maintenance of tobacco use in the state.
2. 2019 Healthy Stores for a Healthy Community (HSHC) Retail Marketing Surveillance Survey.
- An update to the 2016 HSHC data collection instrument and protocols; instructing data collectors and conducting analyses of statewide retail data.
3. Two surveys to evaluate CTCP’s Flavored Tobacco Products Campaign (2018).
- Online youth and young adult survey of behaviors, awareness, and attitudes around menthol cigarettes and other flavored tobacco.
- Tobacco retail store observation survey examining availability, price, promotion and placement of menthol cigarettes and flavored tobacco products.
- SOLICITATION CTCP 17-10041 California Tobacco Retail Environment Studies (PDF - 296.30 Kb)
- 17-10041, RFP Document (PDF - 392.62 Kb)
- APPENDIX 1 CTRES REQUIRED SOW ELEMENTS (PDF - 210.39 Kb)
- APPENDIX 2 Mandatory Letter of Intent (PDF - 79.74 Kb)
- APPENDIX 3 COMPARABLE STATE CIVIL SERVICE CLASSIFICATIONS (PDF - 14.42 Kb)
- APPENDIX 4 BUDGET JUSTIFICATION INSTRUCTIONS (PDF - 354.68 Kb)
- APPENDIX 5 CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT INFORMATION (PDF - 183.42 Kb)
- APPENDIX 6 Tobacco Control Funding Opportunities and Resources User Instructions (PDF - 0.89 Mb)
- APPENDIX 7 INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING THE OTIS TRAINING COURSE (PDF - 217.14 Kb)
- APPENDIX 8 2017-2018 HEALTHY STORES FOR A HEALTHY COMMUNITY CAMPAIGN INDICATORS (PDF - 132.03 Kb)
- APPENDIX 9 Sample Non-Profit Status Letter (PDF - 21.43 Kb)